About Our Client:
For more than 170 years, Our client has stood for innovative strength, a passion for technology, sustainability, responsibility and an uncompromising commitment to quality and excellence. As a globally operating technology company, they’re rigorously leveraging the advantages that our setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, our businesses are bundled into eight divisions and healthcare as well as wind power as separately managed businesses. As of September 30, 2017, they had around 377,000 employees worldwide. In addition, they have office buildings, warehouses, research and development facilities or sales offices in almost every country in the world.
It is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line.
It is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires.
A Technical Manager to be in charge for the Management of the personnel working within the maintenance track work & building unit service sections.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsibility for the technical correct condition and the timely availability of the Track Work and Building Unit Services
- Ability to write Work Procedures based on Maintenance Manuals for preventive and corrective activities
- Prepare Job Safety Analysis, Hazard Analysis and implement safety measurements for work procedures
- Liaisons between the various maintenance and operation departments to manage preventive & corrective maintenance tasks
- The ability to perform corrective maintenance for Track Work & Building Unit Services in a timely manner
- Managing and motivating staff ensuring HR procedures
- Ensure all technical specifications are compliant with Service Level Agreements (SLA´s)
- The ability to manage team performance and development involving recommended training courses
- To carry site inspections, decide on appropriate actions in results driven approach
- Responsible for quality of project deliverable
- Delegate technical responsibilities, monitor progress of work
- Weekly Status reporting within department
- Provide onsite technical assistance in the field of responsibility
- Technical support of the manufacturing and commissioning engineers regarding analysis of technical solutions and answering of technical inquiries
- Planning of activities in a look ahead schedule for preventive and corrective activities
- Knowledge & implementation of Status Reporting
- Assessment of the Maintenance Team according to Competence Management System (CMS)
- Chairing of internal meetings within the maintenance section
- Co-ordination of the interfaces between the other maintenance section
- Optimization of maintenance tasks as result of ongoing analysis
- Checking of inspection results and deciding on appropriate actions
- Analyzing of the maintenance history for the related equipment and facilities
- Responsible for the reporting system to ensure the availability of sufficient and suitable spares for the area of supervision
- Responsible for the availability of suitable manpower, adequate tools and materials in events of incidents
- Preventive and corrective maintenance including of repairs of the systems covered by the maintenance section in accordance with the instructions given by the superior personnel.
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Degree or equivalent qualification as electrical or mechanical Engineer / Technician from reputable college or technical Institute
- Experience in the field of Maintenance
- Extensive professional experience in Public Transportation and Railway Systems
- Several years of work experience as team member in international projects (at least two international railway project executions)
- Profound experience in technical engineering and interface management as well as professional experience in Track Work e.g. Rail Head Inspection, Rail Grinding, Rail Welding (thermal welding process), Rail Measuring, Point Machines (E/M), Turnouts, Crossing Sections and Building Unit Services, e.g. HVAC Systems, Lighting Control, Low Voltage Power Supply Systems, Fire Fighting Alarm Systems
- Has a good understanding of analytical and investigative principles and procedures
- Knowledgeable about the use of CMMS Software, e.g. MAXIMO
- Very good physical condition rounded by an extensive site work experience
- Team player, Results orientated
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent management and team-building skills
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between technical requirements and implementation
- Problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills to influence management, as well as internal and external partners
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; effective in matrix management and team building
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment
- Self-motivated and a problem solver
- Intercultural competence
- Technical team leadership experience
- Conflict management
- Fluent in English is essential
What else do I need to know?
They are dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification.